Tuesday, February 21, 2006

With a little help from my friends, Part 1 - Tsurara-chan the Subnote

I thought that I should introduce to you the gadgets that I have bought while in Japan. Living in Geek Paradise Japan, I have all sorts of geekery to showcase, so get ready.

First on the list is my subnote computer (pictured with a standard BIC ballpoint pen)


Name: Tsurara-chan
Name meaning: Little Icicle
First seen: Akihabara in December 2004
Ordered: from the Honjo City branch of Super Denkodo on December 25th, 2004
Bought: January 24th (?) 2005
Operating system: Windows XP Japanese Version
Model: Panasonic Let's Note R3
Price paid: 189,000 yen
Colour: very pale silver
Features: can be found here or here.
Weight: with battery = 990g - this is a very light computer.
Size: it fits in my handbag!
Comments: a great computer! The best of all the sub-notes I saw. It is very nice to type on, which can be said about very few sub-notes. It was a bit expensive, being Panasonic and all, but Panasonic always delivers extra quality for the extra money you pay, so it was worth it. Everyone envies me.


No comments: