Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bad choice of name?

I just found out, while checking if my blog is turning up on Google yet (which it's not), that 'Togiren' is some kind of pharmaceutical drug. The webpage I found would not tell me what type of drug because I did not have a password, so if anyone knows what this drug is used for, please leave a comment.

For the record, I got 'togiren' from Japanese. It is a name with many meanings. A while ago, I chose kanji to phonetically represent my real name. I got 'togiren' by taking alternate pronunciations of two of those kanji and putting them together. 'Togiren' also loosely translates (if written with different kanji) as 'don't stop' or 'don't interrupt me' which is fitting, because I never manage to get a word in edgewise in conversations. Therefore I did not name myself after a drug of some unknown use.

No comments: