Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Recent holiday to the British Isles, Part 7 - The Time in Which I Recuperated and Ate Chinese Food

Gillian and I had been thinking about heading down to Crawley the day after we got back from Bath, but we were just too darn tired. Gillian didn't even get up in the morning. I had to take Gillian's key and wander around the streets of Newport Pagnell looking for the Co-op I had thought I had seen from Ant's car so that I could buy something to eat. It was a long walk, but that was alright because it was a sunny day.

When I got back, Gillian was up and reading the book I had given her for Christmas. It was at that point that she told me about the short cut to the shop. Oh, well.

We did nothing else that day. The next day, Gillian was working, so I spent time packing. I was also reading and drawing on my computer.

That evening we went out. I tagged along as Gillian and Ant met friends of theirs at a pub, and then went to a Chinese restaurant. I had felt out of place at the pub, but at the restaurant the ladies were talking to me. It was very good to eat Chinese food that had been prepared by Chinese people and therefore tasted like Chinese food. The stuff you get in Japan tastes totally different because they don't seem to like real Chinese food flavours. For example, Japanese people tend not to like real sweet-and-sour sauce, so they make it with different spices so they can eat it. Therefore, I ate as much as I could at the restaurant, which was not much unfortunately.

After the restaurant, we went to the house of Phil and Anne-Marie, friends of Gillian and Ant. They made me feel very welcome. They are very nice people. We talked until about 2 in the morning, and then went home.

The next day I was packing, and then I left.

See, I told you it would be a short post ;)

Next time on Randomness, by Togiren: How I Got Home

No comments: