Saturday, February 04, 2006

Codfish Festival!

Today is the annual Kakeyo Matsuri (hanging fish festival), otherwise known as the Tara Matsuri (cod festival). So I toddled on down to the shrine to have a look-see. (Follow the link above to see an explanation of the festival).

A lot of snow fell over night, so it was not an easy walk, but I got there eventually. I took a lot of pictures at Seishi Park, and a LOT of pictures in the shrine grounds. All the snow that had fallen had made the shrine look like something out of a fairytale. I spent quite a while trying to take arty pictures, playing around with the filters and such.

The sun came out for a few minutes while I was leaving the festival, but then half way home it started to snow very heavily. Blizzard conditions yet again. I can easily believe that this is the worst winter in this area for 83 years.

I could barely see where I was going, but I had to go to the supermarket because I had RUN OUT OF SOY SAUCE!

No comments: