Monday, March 27, 2006

Long time, no post

Since I bought FFXII (see last post) I haven't been using my computer (hence the long break). At the moment I am at work. It is the change-over period between two school years at the moment, so I was finally able to get my hands on a BOE computer. I can now use the internet from work. Unfortunately, I have to keep the big huge notebook on my desk, otherwise someone else will take it and it will be back to internet-less days of loneliness.

FFXII update:
I have got a handle on the new battle system now. I have decided I like it. I was never a big user of magic in FF games, so battles for me were always a case of repeatedly pressing the X button (or the O button while in Japan). Attack (X) the monster (X) attack (X) the monster (X) ad infinity. My right thumb would get so sore. Now battles are a time to rest my thumb as my characters automatically take care of everything for me. A time or two I even walked away from the game and got a drink in mid-battle certain that when I came back everyone would be alive and healthy.

I'm having trouble understanding the story line. There is an awful lot of talking, much more than there was in FFX or FFX2. It is very complicated and fast. Well beyond my Japanese abilities. I understand enough about the characters to see that a few of them break out of the standars FF character moulds.

Ah! Desks have suddenly started being moved about. I'll have to continue this later.

No comments: