Saturday, March 04, 2006

Jehovah's Witnesses

Okay, so a Jehovah's Witness just came to my door. She was a well dressed woman in a brown suede overcoat and lots of makeup, so it took me a long few moments to figure out why she was at my door. But then she started trying to give me pamphlets and stuff. I pulled the 'I don't speak Japanese' routine in the hopes she would go away, but unfortunately for me the woman's English was very good.

It was very hard for me to be rude to her, because my time in Japan has made me more polite. But I did my best.

"Do you want to communicate with friends better, or find a good job?"

"I have a good job."

"Do you own a copy of the Bible?"

"No. I'm not Christian."

"Ah."

Then the woman giggled nervously, expressed her wish to meet me again (which was a pleasantry of sorts; at least I hope it was), and then left.

No comments: