Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rainy season

It is utterly the middle of the rainy season now. The rain is coming down reasonably hard, constantly and in large drops so that the drains are overflowing. To make matters worse, it is very foggy. The school windows are open because of the heat, so the inside of the school is essentially the same as the inside of a cloud.

I washed my hair this morning and then tied it up in a plait like usual (which is how I stop my hair from becoming bigger than me). Two hours later my hair was still dripping, so I undid the plait and spent a lot of time trying to fluff air through my hair to dry it out. Yet it refuses to dry. For once I'm not exaggerating. My hair is still as wet as if I washed it an hour ago.

Very few people came to my English class last night, probably due to the weather. It was quite lonely. For a long time there were only three students. Atsuko had forgotten about the class so arrived half way through. One other person had been busy, but joined us for the last 20 minutes or so.

I found an interesting blog to read recently. Probably not everyone can read it, but I can. It's called Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog. It has the side effect of making one spell one's words phonetically. Maybe that's why I had trouble spelling words the other day?

I had a dream last night that I could remember this morning but can't remember now. Both my sisters were in it. It may have been set in England. I think there were scary things. Scary people? Ghosts? I don't know. Whatever they were, they did not scare me much in my dream.

During lunch and cleaning times here, the students are allowed to put on music of their choice. This week, to my disappointment, they have decided to listen to Avril Lavigne. Over and over again. *sigh*

Wow, my life is boring at the moment.

No comments: