Thursday, June 22, 2006

Quick post

Just a quick post, because I have a lot of classes today. Actually, I have had a lot of classes since this term started. No longer am I sitting in the staff room all day with nothing to do. But of course, this also explains why I no longer blog on a regular basis.

I never got to take pictures of the fog because (of course) it cleared up an hour before I left work. Just like that. There was fog during the night last night, but it burned off before I got up. The sun rises really early in the morning here. Even though it is the Summer Solstice, the sun is still setting before half past seven in the evening (and starts to get dark well before seven), yet it rises before four o'clock in the morning. Why???? Why is there no daylight savings??? I would prefer light evenings, because I am never up early enough to enjoy the morning sunlight. It is not just the lack of daylight savings: Japanese time is, I reckon, a good two hours out. The Sun doesn't really have to rise before 6 am, does it? 6-9.30 would be just right.

I went shopping in Akita City on Tuesday (I had Mon/Tues off because I worked on Sat/Sun). I bought a new wallet. It is really cool, but I bought it from a department store so it was kind of expensive. I haven't bought a new wallet for (counting, counting) about five years? So I think it is okay for me to splurge a little. I didn't buy any shoes, which is a good thing. This had less to do with my self control and more to do with Japanese summer sandals being so impractical, gaudy and hideous that I wouldn't wear them if someone paid me. I will take a picture next time I am in a shoe shop, to show you I am not exaggerating.

Got to go teach, bye.

No comments: