Sunday, June 18, 2006

BBQ

This weekend is the inter-school sports exchange, so I am having to turn up to work in the mornings (and do nothing). Yesterday morning I was just surfing the internet.

About 10am yesterday, a fog suddenly rolled in from the sea. We don't usually see fog here in Konoura, and if we do we only see it for a short while as it moves to join the fog that likes to sit on the hills behind the city. But the fog that rolled in (initially looking like ghost sheep) didn't leave. Very strange weather.

In the afternoon I went with Atsuko and Toshi from the evening English class to a barbeque at Atsuko's friend's house. We were initially going to go to the beach, but it was still foggy so the barbeque was held in a small garden. Apart from us, there was a group of strange guys that always hang out there, and a group of girls that Atsuko had invited because she knew one from her computer class. The girls didn't mix with the guys much. It was like watching school kids, but these people were actually adults.

Some of the guys had to leave early, and then the party moved inside. Not long after that the girls left. One guy fell asleep on the sofa, so that left five people still participating in the party. Another person had been bugging me all evening: he looked like someone but I couldn't figure out who. It came to me all of a sudden, and I burst out in the middle of another conversation with "You look like Paul McCartney!" He really did. A Japanese Paul McCartney. He was so happy I said that that he wanted to shake my hand.

Anyway 'Paul' fell asleep too, and that left Atsuko, Toshi, myself and a very sleepy host who was staying awake for our sake to participate in the party for the last hour. It wasn't as if it was late or anything; we left shortly after midnight.

This morning the fog is still hanging around. In fact, it has become much thicker. I am thinking about going to take pictures after I finish work because I am unlikely to see weather like this again while I am staying here.

No comments: