Monday, June 26, 2006

Akita Yaatose Matsuri

Yesterday I performed in the Akita Yaatose festival with Kafumai, the Kisakata dance team. It was our first performance with our new costumes, and our second performance of this years dance.

It was sunny yesterday and therefore hot, but it wasn't humid so it could have been a lot worse. But I did get burnt even though I was wearing sunscreen, which was unfortunate.

We only performed our dance four times, so after Sapporo the schedule felt very easy. Because we only danced four times I tried my very best and didn't hold back at all. Seems as if I should have held back a little bit because today my right knee is sore from overwork.

One problem with performing in festivals is the lack of a lunch time. Everyone ends up quickly stuffing some easy-to-eat food that was on sale nearby down their throats before heading off to dance again. The Yaatose festival area happens to be very close to Mister Donuts, so yesterday I had a very unhealthy lunch.

While walking about I saw several shops I'd like to go back and see at some time. One of them was a 'cheese and wine' shop. I wonder if it has real cheese? I also saw some cheap clothes stores I would like to examine. They had some 'Engrish' t-shirts. Usually, womens 'Engrish' t-shirts are far too small for me to fit into, and the mens ones are far too long. There is always the chance I will get lucky one day and find one that actually fits.

No comments: