Monday, December 18, 2006

Sick, sick, sick

I have a cold, a real one this time not a mini-cold caught eating lunch with hundreds of kids. I feel wretched.

On Saturday morning I helped out with a Christmas party for the Challenge Club kiddies. I think I mentioned it last week. Anyway, it was lots of fun. We made advent calendars, ate junk food (only one mother brought along nice healthy fruit to the tea time - everyone else brought chocolate, cookies, chippies etc.) and then played a few games. At the end I read 'The Night Before Christmas' to them. Someone else read the Japanese version of the book to the kids. Whoever did the Japanese translation did not bother to rhyme the sentences or even to put any rhythm into them; it is pure prose. It sounded odd.

That evening Miwa came to my house and we looked at some travel books for Korea. I couldn't read them of course, but I pointed out pictures of places I thought looked interesting and food I thought looked good. I really should start studying some Korean phrases and written Hangeul. It will make things easier for me.

Yesterday I had to go shopping because there were some things I had to buy. I didn't really want to go because I already had a cold, but I had no choice. Because I went out into the cold while sick yesterday, that is why I feel so bad today.

No comments: