Monday, December 11, 2006

Flicker and Dash

My airplane ticket to South Korea is ordered and hotel room reserved. I went to the travel agents with Miwa last Friday. There is a bit of trouble with my travel insurance in that because I have health insurance through the JET Programme I only want to buy baggage insurance, but the travel agent will not sell me it separately. Either it comes as an add-on to health insurance or you can't buy it at all. I'm sure I will get it sorted out. Either that or I will go without my luggage insured. No biggie, I suppose: I didn't have my baggage insured when I went to England last year either.

Things have been a bit boring recently because (shhh) Atsuko has a new boyfriend although that is a secret, at least from people on this end, and the weather is bad so I can't muster the motivation to go somewhere by myself on the weekends. But inversely work has been fairly busy recently. I have been asked to help at the Nikaho City Challenge Club (weekend English club for elementary kids) this Saturday. We are going to have a Christmas party. Yay! I will make Xmas cards with little kids and then read them a simple Xmas story book. Also, this week and next week I will be spending my Thursday evenings teaching useful English phrases to the 13 Jr. High kids and their parents who will be going to NZ in January. They will be staying in homestay, and since they are mostly 1st graders their English is not very good. I don't get to go with them, despite how much I could help out, being a Kiwi myself and all; I just get to teach them a bit of English. In one month time they will be in Christcurch and then in the Wellington sun and I will be here in the Akita snow . . .

No comments: