Thursday, October 05, 2006

I Love Sleep

This is my answer to a question I, amongst other people, was asked: What do you love?

I love the smell of rain on concrete, the smell of storms, and the smell of dettol. I love being inside when it is stormy out, warm drink in my hands and a blanket on my knees. I love wearing my skirts long, as well as my hair. I love reading. I love creating; pictures, stories, whatever. I love onions, cheese, and chocolate (but not together). I love tea; I drink it every day. I love going to the beach on cool stormy days more than on sunny days. I love snow and rain when they fall without a breeze. I love strong wind right before the rain arrives. I love plants even though I kill them. I love ginko trees and ferns, because they remind me of the distant past. I love Orion: he is the first constellation I search for when I look at the night sky. I love the first day in spring when it is warm enough to go to bed without socks on, and the first day in autumn when it is cool enough to go to bed with them. I love vegetables more than fruit. I love things that are decorated with leaves. I love money spiders, even though I like no other types of spiders. I love frogs more than humans usually do. I love mountains although I don't climb them. I love thinking, I love dreaming, I love sleep.

No comments: