Saturday, October 28, 2006

Enough, already

I have been feeling unwell for several weeks now, off and on. It's an on-going cold that just won't go away. Yesterday was bad and today is possibly worse. Of course I have to work today; it's PTA day. Can't have a cold on a Saturday without also being busy at the same time, now can I? The good news is that I look so damned wretched that all the staff noticed and started giving me various medicines. This alerted the Principal to my woes, and I will be able to go home after lunch even though I was supposed to have a class this afternoon. Yay for bloodshot eyes and sheet-white complexions!

It is hard for me to keep my head up as I type. It keeps sagging like a windsock in summer.

I got to go home early on Wednesday too. I looked wretched that day, and since there was a big meeting for all teachers that afternoon and no one would even be at the elementary but the cleaner, the elementary Principal said "Go home and get some rest."

I really must look as bad as I feel. Usually when I am sick no one notices unless I sneeze, but not this time.

No comments: