Tuesday, April 04, 2006

More enkai

There was another enkai (work party) last night. This is the season for them. My wallet is protesting. Last nights party cost 5000 yen, which is becoming the norm.

The party was to welcome the new teacher and new nurse who have come to our school, and followed on last weeks party where we said farewell to the leaving teachers. We have one new teacher in addition to the nurse, not two, because we will not have a student teacher this year. The new nurse seems very kind, and I had a nice chat with her.

Then I was talking to Mitsunori-sensei, the teacher sitting beside me. Mitsunori-sensei was a classmate of my friends Sumiko and Atsuko when they were all at Sr. High. Sumiko and Mitsunori-sensei do not like each other. It is so funny! Sumiko says 'that guy is strange' and then Mitsunori-sensei says things like, "Sumiko can't ride a bike. Go ask her about it!" then cracks up laughing. I just take anything one says about the other with a grain of salt.

Anyway, Mitsunori-sensei told me I should ride a scooter up the hill to Kamagadai, and I said no it's not my image. So he said I should ride a horse. I said I fall off horses. So Hosoya-san said I should ride a cow up the mountain. I said, "I'd never get there!"

Then everyone told me I should perform Yosakoi at the Sports Day. I said no.

No comments: