Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Welcome everyone to 2007. How was your new years? I saw in the new year with Atsuko, Miwa and Taisuke (a friend of Sayaka's). We had been planning on going to an onsen, but of course the plan got cancelled. We had dinner at Atsuko's house instead. I cooked a beef mince pie for them. We spent hours watching the K1 because Miwa loves it, and Atsuko loves Masato. (Ok, maybe I like him a little bit too ;) )

When the K1 finished at 11.30pm I put on Pirates of the Caribbean 2. What better way to see in a new year than by watching a Johnny Depp movie?

After midnight we went for a walk to the shrine. It was actually quite a nice walk on account of the unseasonably warm weather. No snow has lasted in Konoura for more than a couple of hours yet this winter. I spent pretty much the whole time at the shrine saying 'Happy New Year' repeatedly to students of mine both past and present. I went home at about 2am.

Today I didn't go anywhere. I watched a couple of DVDs and cooked a spinach, tuna and cheese pastie for lunch. The weather was disturbingly nice, and I briefly entertained the idea of going somewhere until I realised I had nowhere to go. Such is life.

No comments: